Work with us
Are you a dynamic, motivated and experienced teacher? Do you like travelling and you enjoy the company of motivated students?
Travelling Languages is the first language school that combines the experience of studying and travelling at the same time. Our students are people of all age groups mainly attending short term programmes, with a medium level of English and who are looking for a unique experience where they can get the best of studying a language abroad and leaping in the local life learning the culture and the history.
We are actively recruiting one Head teacher.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, motivated and experienced teacher who has talents in organisation, teaching and customer service. This is a varied and challenging role, with the opportunity to contribute to Travelling Languages’ development. At Travelling Languages, we make sure that team members who make a strong contribution are rewarded accordingly.
- Primary degree or equivalent;
- Recognised TEFL certificate (CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL – no weekend or online certs) alternatively state qualified teachers (PGCE/H.Dip etc) with a TEFL Cert or TEFL experience;
- Minimum of 5 years recent and consecutive experience in ELT;
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD);
- Native or near native level of fluency in English (CEF level C2/CPE/IELTS 8.0);
- Experience of academic management of adult centres and curriculum development;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Team leadership and people management;
- Experience of academic management of both adult and junior centres;
- Experience of ELT in Irish market and in an international context;
- Experience of delivering and tutoring on teacher training courses;
- ICT knowledge and experience e.g. online learning, blended learning;
The Head Teacher is expected to:
- Teach English to a high standard, following our syllabus, with the emphasis on oral communication;
- Travel according to travelling programmes’ schedule;
- Be responsible for the administrative academic tasks associated with running an ACELS accredited school;
- Implement and develop the school’s syllabus on an on-going basis;
- Ensure that a high quality academic programme is delivered;
- Ensure that lessons are integrated with the syllabus;
- Support, coach, and mentor younger teachers of English in the school;
- Provide selections of one-to-one support;
- Organise formal on-going observations;
- Arrange meetings/CPD training sessions for teachers;
- Hire new academic staff and work with general management to ensure academic targets are met effectively;
- Report to general management on the running of the academic department.
Salary depending on experience
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity please send your details and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com or call us on +353 (0)1 4434544 immediately. This is a very exciting position that will enable the right candidate to develop their academic experience and work with a growing school.
We are also actively hiring teachers for the summer. If you are a certified teacher of English (TEFL), passionate about teaching and travelling, and you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity please send us your details and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +353 (0)1 4434544.